Missing Church During Travel…Try A Gospel Brunch
Because I travel a lot on weekends I tend to miss a great deal of Church on Sundays. Often I am in a different City or traveling on Sundays. If I don’t do the research, a Church is not close or the service is not at the right time for me, then I am out of luck. Sometimes I find a Gospel Brunch as an alternative. Gospel Brunch offer Church Music and good food. The better ones capture the Spirituality and combine it with Fellowship. One of my favorites is the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues in Orlando.
House of Blues in Orlando offers 2 Gospel Brunches. The first start at 10:30 AM and the second begins at 1:00 PM. The House of Blues Gospel Brunch in Orlando showcases local talent performing both traditional and contemporary Gospel songs. The Brunch has an all-you-can-eat buffet featuring breakfast favorites such as an Omelet Station, Buttermilk Biscuits with Country Gravy, plus tender carving stations, southern specialties like Chicken Jambalaya along with Chicken & Waffle and a variety of taste desserts. You can eat before during and after the show. This is a great event for large parties and for the entire family. House of Blues also has Gospel Brunch in New Orleans, Chicago, Las Vegas, Boston, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, San Diego Myrtle Beach and Anaheim. Prices may vary by location however they are around $40.00 plus tax for Guests Ages 10 and over.
If you travel a lot on weekends and you don’t have a Church to go to. Look into a Gospel Brunch to fill the void. Good Food and Music can be found all over the Country. You can meet other people of Faith. You can find fellowship, camaraderie and comfort in the Gospel Music surrounding a meal. It may not be Church but it may be the next best thing!
House of Blues Gospel Brunch –(All Locations)
4 Notable Gospel Brunches in New York:
- B. B. KING’S BLUES CLUB AND GRILL: Gospel brunch on Sundays (doors open at 12:30 p.m., show at 1:30 p.m.); Beatles brunch on Saturdays (doors, 11 a.m.; show, noon). Tickets, which include food, tax and tip, are $40; $42.50 at the door. 237 West 42nd Street, Manhattan; (212) 997-4144, www.bbkingblues.com
- SYLVIA’S: Gospel brunch on Sundays (music, 12:30 to 4 p.m.; brunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.). 328 Lenox Avenue at 126th Street, Harlem; (212) 996-2669, www.sylviasrestaurant.com
- COTTON CLUB: On Saturday afternoons, catch the Phillips Brothers Gospel Group from 1 to 2 or 3:30 to 4:45, and Sundays at the same times, it’s Helen Slade and the Spirit of Love Singers; both are backed by a four-piece band. Brunch buffet is $25. (656 West 125th Street; 212-663-7980.) www.cottonclub-newyork.com/
- BAMcafé : On select Sundays, the $23 soul-food brunch is accompanied by traditional and contemporary gospel ensembles from New York churches; performances from 2 to 4 p.m. (30 Lafayette Avenue, at Ashland Place, Brooklyn; 718-636-4139; reopens September 29.) www.bam.org/
Latest posts by Bill Collins (see all)
- Expedite the entry process into the United States for FREE! - April 10, 2018
- Let the good times roll! - April 7, 2018
- All about Jamaica - April 4, 2018